Save a life’s work is based on a number of principles. They are reflected in all our campaigns, guide whatever we do, wherever we do it. Save a life is an independent eco-friendly campaigning organisation, which beliefs in peaceful, creative confrontation to expose global environmental problems and develop solutions for a green and sustainable future abides UN’s Sustainable goals of 2030 such as
“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”
- Promoting environmentally sustainable , and highly productive agricultural activities ( agroforestry, mangrove restoration, palmyra), eco-friendly businesses ( ecotourism) and better environmental friendly by product marketing schemes
- Undertaking natural resource conservation activities (re-afforestation) and engaging the community and students to lead the initiatives.
- Designing and implementing appropriate strategies and program activities addressing climate change mitigation and adaptation.
- Establishing and supporting basic social services (like basic and primary education, health ) mainly for children and women to uplift the life of the underprivileged.
- Introducing and supporting feasible income generation schemes for women and other vulnerable community members to ensure economic empowerment
- Engaging differently abled people through innovative initiatives to add value to the sustainable development and healthy well beings without any discrimination by breaking the social stigma.
- To promote awareness on maximizing recycling, minimize waste, reduce consumption and ensure that products are made to be reused , repaired or recycled back into nature.
- To Promote awareness campaigns and advocacy for policy level changes on reducing and eliminating adverse impacts of waste materials on human health and environment management and ecosystem services.
- Promoting healthy community through encouraging organic farming and organic composts , home gardening which could benefit a healthy generation and would provide livelihood opportunities
- Promoting organic diet plan , healthy habits like cycling to free the younger generation from Non communicable diseases and to support the NCDs patients.
- Undertaking Blood donation and organ donation awareness camps at schools level and community level to support the emergency needed lives.
- Promote awareness and advocate for policy level changes on improving the social status and recognition of the health and waste management labors.
The Story Behind Our Movement
Save a Life, a secular developmental non-governmental organization, known as a youth-led volunteer organization was initiated with a group of youth in the community to focus on the blood donation camps and blood donation awareness activities in 2014. Being a youth- led organization adding values to the SDGs, Environmental Conservation and Eco- Systems plus Health and Wellbeing of the community, Save a Life has taken forward Health and environmental initiatives since 2018 especially in the Northern Province, Sri Lanka.
We Take Action. To Make Better Changes
Save a Life works with the believe and set goals to make the real change in the environment as well as in life.
Copyright © 2022. All rights reserved.